Here is the forth post of Colleen’s path to becoming a data informed organisation: Seven Things Data-Informed Organisations Do Differently.
The 7 things are:
- Bring everyone to the same level of understanding;
- Incorporate data into all planning processes (not just marketing);
- Develop measurable objectives and metrics for success;
- Continuously gather market data and update plans accordingly;
- Take advantage of the predictive power of data;
- Look at market research as an investment rather than a cost; and
- Are actively shifting the organization’s culture
For me no7 is bringing it all together – a culture change. This is about attitudes to data, but I think behind this needs to be a positive attitude and approach to people – eventually it is not about data, but about our visitors, audience, customers, whatever we choose to call them, and about understanding them and showing empathy.
BTW, I realise I didn’t post Colleen’s third blog, here it is if you want to complete the series and hear about common cognitive biases to data: Accepting Data Can Be Hard