What can we do to create better employee and customer experiences? This was the question asked at the recent Transform Your Employee & Customer Experience event hosted by Customer Radar and HROnboard.
While the event was focused on commercial contexts, I found it particularly relevant to cultural organisations. Audience research often shows that interaction with staff at cultural organisations majorly influences satisfaction with the visit (see for example this post by Colleen Dilenschneider).
“The way you treat your employees is the way they will treat your customers.”Richard Branson
The customer experience is strongly influenced by staff. And staff are influenced by their experience in their organisation. Aligning the employee and the customer experience therefore seems a logical focus, in particular in services with customer contact at their heart.
The event offered insights and ideas of what we can do to improve both the CX and the EX. Here is a list of the presenters and what they spoke about:
- Owning your onboarding (Peter Forbes, HROnboard)
- Creating an employee experience that mirrors your CX (Edan Haddock, Flybuys Australia)
- Building a foundation of customer-centric leadership (Mel Rowsell, Wisdom at Work)
- Mapping your CX & EX to own your critical moments (Briana Millar, Tonkin & Taylor)
- Measure your CX; grow your business (Mat Wylie, CustomerRadar)