Sabine Doolin – Director
I am an internationally experienced audience strategist, bringing skills and expertise in leading strategic, audience-focused thinking and activating it in an organisation.
I blend skills in strategy, commercial management and organisational development, gained in a career at world leading branded consumer goods company Procter & Gamble, with a post-graduate MA in art history and my experience working for Tate, to bring audience focus to the heart of cultural organisations.
I am based in Auckland, New Zealand, and flexible to work with organisations nationally and internationally.
The first Audience Insight Manager for the Tate galleries in the UK: I led the audience research programme as well as the development of a new audience strategy for Tate. I expanded Tate’s audience understanding to make Tate more audience focused and inclusive, covering all four galleries – Tate Modern, the world’s most visited modern and contemporary art museum (with its new extension that opened in June 2016), Tate Britain, Tate Liverpool and Tate St Ives.
Committee member of the Visitor Studies Group, a members association that actively contributes to the development of the visitor studies profession in the UK and runs an annual conference.
I changed into the cultural sector after over 15 years at global branded consumer goods company Procter & Gamble, where I held a range of marketing and customer business development positions across several countries and product categories including leading brand teams, supporting several internal reorganisations and delivering internal training programmes.
- Trust Board Member at the PumpHouse Theatre
- MSc Economic & Social Sciences
- Harvard Business Case Study Programme
- MLitt History of Art (Post-graduate)
- Arts Council England Cultural Leadership Programme
- Clore Leadership Programme
- Museums Aotearoa conference 2017, NZ: Inviting in: Audiences change, we change
- PlusTate Network meeting, Wakefield, UK, 2016: Embracing audiences, embracing change
- Tate training programme for the Ministry of Heritage and Culture of the Sultanate of Oman, London, 2015: Understanding audiences
- Communicating the Museum conference, Sydney, 2014: Are you ready for young audiences?
- The Connected Audience conference, Berlin, 2014: Let’s talk about the practice
- Tate and King’s College London – Inside Today’s Museum Course, 2013-2015: The museum and its audience
- Tate and King’s College London – Towards Tomorrow’s Museum Course, 2013: Understanding Tate’s visitors
- Museum&Heritage Show, London, 2013: Evaluating a new dimension: The Tanks at Tate Modern
- King’s College London, Evaluating Evaluation Colloquium, 2012: Insights from Tate Britain collection displays visitor research
- University of Westminster, MA Museums, Galleries and Contemporary Culture, London, 2011-2016: Understanding audiences and their experience
- ACMC Platform for Cultural Marketing and Communication, Amsterdam, 2011: “Understanding audiences”
Unlocking insight – unlocking strategy – unlocking audiences