Insight – Strategy – Activation
Through a combination of insight, strategy and activation, InsightUnlocked works with you and your team to unlock your audience potential.
Examples of services and reference projects are set out below. Services can be applied in combination or individually, depending on your needs. Get in touch for a no-obligation conversation to explore your situation and needs.
Understanding needs, opportunities, challenges or gaps
- Review of documents, data, materials and context for projects or strategies
- Stakeholder consultation
- Making more of your existing audience research, using your existing research to answer new questions
- Audience research needs analysis, if you don’t have existing research
- Developing a brief for new audience research
- SWOT analysis
Turning your insight into intentions that align with your purpose
- Strategic review and recommendations for plans or projects
- Strategic planning
- Audience development strategy and pathway
- Workshops for articulating your intentions
- Linking your strategy to your purpose and vision (refreshing these if needed)
- Defining success and its measures
Activating your team to turn your strategy into action
- Developing an activation plan
- Engaging and motivating staff across functions and/or stakeholders
- Workshop facilitation, training sessions, presentations
- Developing a strategic narrative
- Planning and developing internal communications
- Project management
Tear up the audience rule book ©
A transformational approach to placing audiences at the centre of your organisation.
In times when audiences are shifting and the relevance of cultural organisations is challenged, this workshop programme offers a different approach for placing audiences at the centre of your organisation for the long term. Tear up the audience rule book and – through our “7 dimensions of audience focus“, workshop activities with interactive “Challenges Cards” and “Conversation Cards” – discover:
- What is holding you/your organisation back from placing audiences at the centre?
- What does ‘good’ look like across the 7 dimensions of audience focus?
- What questions to ask and conversations to have in order to start the shift to placing audiences at the centre?
Tear up the audience rule book© is a collaboration of InsightUnlocked with Sally Manuireva Consulting. Presented at AMaGA 2019 , the Australian Museums and Galleries Association conference, and at Nui te koorero 2019, Creative New Zealand’s annual capability building event.
Art Works© creativity workshops
A fresh way of inspiring creativity, boosting well-being and refreshing team collaboration through engaging groups in discussing art, gaining insights into creative processes and making art with an artist.
A collaboration of InsightUnlocked with artist Sam Melser and curator/arts educator Shari Lett.
More information to follow soon.
- Christchurch Art Gallery: Developing an audience strategy and activating it across the organisation
- MOTAT: Developing an audience development and research framework, activating audience insight and defining strategic target audiences
- Govett-Brewster Art Gallery/Len Lye Centre: Presentation and facilitated discussion with the Gallery’s Council management (‘opportunities and challenges for 21st century museums’)
- Museums Wellington: Feasibility study for the Cable Car Museum
- Auckland Council: Strategic Review of Papakura Museum
- Tim Bray Theatre Company: Strategic Plan
- University of Auckland: Two Art Works creativity workshops to inspire creativity, well-being and collaboration for university library staff
Unlocking insight – unlocking strategy – unlocking audiences