Insight – Strategy – Activation
Through a combination of insight, strategy and activation, InsightUnlocked works with you and your team to unlock the audience potential of your museum, gallery, theatre or other cultural organisation.
Examples of services and reference projects are set out below. Services can be applied in combination or individually, depending on your needs. Get in touch for a no-obligation conversation to explore your situation and needs and how I could support you.
Understanding needs, opportunities, challenges or gaps
- Review of documents, data, materials and context for projects or strategies
- Stakeholder consultation
- SWOT analysis
- Making more of your existing audience research
- Audience research needs analysis
- Developing a brief for new audience research
Turning insight into intentions that align with your purpose
- Strategic review and recommendations for plans or projects
- Strategic planning
- Audience strategy and audience development pathway
- Workshops for articulating your intentions
- Linking strategy to your purpose and vision (refreshing these if needed)
- Defining success and its measures
Activating your team to turn your strategy into action
- Developing an activation plan
- Engaging and motivating staff across functions and/or stakeholders
- Workshop facilitation, training sessions, presentations
- Planning and developing internal communications
- Project management
Unique service offerings in collaboration with associates:
Tear up the audience rule book©
A transformational approach to placing audiences at the centre of your organisation.
In times when audiences are shifting and the relevance of cultural organisations is challenged, this workshop programme offers a different approach for placing audiences at the centre of your organisation for the long term. Tear up the audience rule book and – through our “7 dimensions of audience focus” and workshop activities with interactive “Challenge Cards” and “Conversation Cards” – discover:
- What is holding you/your organisation back from placing audiences at the centre?
- What does ‘good’ look like across the 7 dimensions of audience focus?
- What questions to ask and conversations to have in order to start the shift to placing audiences at the centre?
Tear up the audience rule book© is a collaboration of InsightUnlocked with Sally Manuireva Consulting. Presented at AMaGA 2019 , the Australian Museums and Galleries Association conference, and at Nui te kōrero 2019, Creative New Zealand’s annual capability building event.
ArtWorks© creativity workshops
A fresh way of inspiring creativity, boosting well-being and refreshing team collaboration through engaging groups in discussing art, gaining insights into creative processes and making art with an artist.
Led by a practising artist, the workshops explore the core skills of artists – creativity, expression and experimentation. They inspire new ways of thinking and offer a release from the daily routine.
The workshops are for work teams of any type of organisation. No artistic experience required.
A collaboration of InsightUnlocked with artist Sam Melser and curator/arts educator Shari Lett.
- Christchurch Art Gallery: Developing an audience strategy and activating it across the organisation
- MOTAT: Developing an audience development and research framework, activating audience insight, identifying strategic target audiences
- Govett-Brewster Art Gallery/Len Lye Centre: Presentation and facilitated discussion with the Gallery’s Council management (‘opportunities and challenges for 21st century museums’)
- Museums Wellington: Feasibility study for the Cable Car Museum
- Auckland Council: Strategic Review of Papakura Museum
- Tim Bray Theatre Company: Strategic Plan
- University of Auckland: ArtWorks© creativity workshops with university library staff
- Auckland Philharmonia Orchestra: Tear up the audience rule book© workshop
Unlocking insight – unlocking strategy – unlocking audiences